Low-calorie cooking spray
1 onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
½ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp paprika
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp dried mixed herbs or dried parsley
A few iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
½ red onion, sliced
4 tomatoes, sliced
4 large bottled gherkins in vinegar, drained and sliced
Lemon wedges, to serve
- Spray a large, heavy based non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat. Add the onion and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned.
- Transfer the onion to a food processor and add the garlic, beef, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, egg and dried mixed herbs. Season lightly and blend until fairly smooth. Turn out into a bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into a non-stick loaf tin (it should fill to a little over halfway up the tin) and pat down. Cover and chill for 4 hours, or overnight if time permits.
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Cover the loaf tin with foil and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and drain off any liquid, then return to the oven, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes. Leave the tin to rest for 12-15 minutes, then remove the doner meat and slice thinly.
- Divide the lettuce, red onion, tomatoes and gherkins between plates. Top with the sliced doner meat and serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230