- 1kg leg of lamb, visible fat removed
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced
- 12 rosemary sprigs
- 4 level tsp gravy granules
For the potatoes:
- 1kg floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper or King Edward, peeled and cut into large chunks
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 tsp garlic salt (optional)
For the mint sauce:
- Small pack fresh mint, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp wine vinegar (white or red), to taste
- Pinch of sweetener granules (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Put the lamb in a non-stick roasting tin. Pierce all over with a short, sharp knife and push in the garlic and rosemary sprigs. Season lightly and roast in the middle of the oven until cooked to your liking (about 1 hour 15 minutes for medium or 1½ hours for well done).
- Once the lamb has been in the oven for about 30 minutes, cook the potatoes in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water over a high heat for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain well and tip into a roasting tin sprayed with low-calorie cooking spray. Sprinkle over the garlic salt, if using, toss well and roast at the top of the oven for about 40 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, put the mint sauce ingredients in a bowl and add 6 tbsp boiling water. Mix well and set aside.
- Remove the lamb from the oven, cover with foil and rest for 10-15 minutes. Make up the gravy granules according to the pack instructions and keep hot.
- Carve the lamb into thin slices and serve with the potatoes, gravy, mint sauce and a medley of your favourite vegetables.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230