3 Syns per serving, serves 4
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 3 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 orange pepper, deseeded and sliced into chunky strips
- 200g mangetout
- 225g water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 250g dried medium egg noodles
- 1 level tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
For the sauce:
- 1 level tsp cornflour
- 2 level tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 balls of stem ginger from a jar, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- Spray a non-stick frying pan or wok with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and brown well on all sides, then tip onto a plate and set aside.
- For the sauce, put the cornflour in a small bowl and gradually stir in the sweet chilli sauce to make a smooth paste. Add the vinegar, orange zest and juice, chopped ginger, chillies and 6 tbsp water, stirring to combine.
- Spray the pan with more low-calorie cooking spray, add the onion and a splash of water and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the peppers, cook for 1 minute, then add the mangetout and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the chicken, the water chestnuts and the sauce. Allow to bubble, then cook, stirring all the time, until the sauce is sticky and coats everything, and the chicken is cooked through. Season lightly.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions and drain. Toss the sesame seeds through the noodles, then divide between 4 plates or bowls. Divide the chicken between the bowls and serve.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230