- 4 lean pork steaks, visible fat removed, cut into small chunks
- 4 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1.2 litres hot chicken stock
- 300g baby sweetcorn, cut into chunks
- 4cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1½ tbsp soy sauce
- 2½ tbsp oyster sauce
- 350g dried rice noodles or egg noodles
- 4 large pak choi, quartered
- 12 radishes, thinly sliced
- Red chilli, to serve (optional)
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Put the pork and five-spice powder in a bowl and toss to coat well.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Cook the pork for 8-10 minutes or until crispy, browned and cooked through, stirring often (you might need to do this in batches). Transfer to a plate and cover with kitchen foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place a large saucepan over a high heat. Add the stock, baby sweetcorn, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and oyster sauce and bring to the boil. Drop in the noodles and cook for 5 minutes, adding the pak choi for the last 2 minutes. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, divide the noodles, pak choi and baby sweetcorn between shallow bowls, trying to keep each ingredient apart as much as you can.
- Add the radishes to each bowl, pile the pork in the middle and ladle in the delicious broth. Scatter with chilli, if using, and coriander sprigs to serve.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230