1 onion, roughly chopped
2cm piece of root ginger, peeled and grated
400g can chickpeas, drained
2 green chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
Low calorie cooking spray
1 tsp black mustard seeds
2 tsp cumin seeds
8 curry leaves (optional)
1 tsp turmeric
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 large butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
600ml boiling vegetable stock
1 tbsp tomato purée
160ml light coconut milk
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Small handful of finely chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, to garnish
1. Put the onion, ginger, half the chickpeas and the green chillies in a food processor and blitz to a fine purée.
2. Spray a heavy-based non-stick saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the black mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves, if using, and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes to release their fragrance.
3. Stir in the turmeric and cinnamon. Reduce the heat to low, add the onion purée and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the squash to coat well with the spices.
4. Add the stock, tomato purée, remaining chickpeas and the coconut milk and cook gently for 25-30 minutes or until the squash is tender.
5. Add the vinegar and cook for 1 minute, then scatter over the coriander and red chilli and serve hot with your favourite rice.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230