- 500g extra lean beef steak mince (5% fat beef mince)
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 punnet of mushrooms
- 500g passata
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 beef stock cube
- 4 tbsp frozen sweetcorn
- 1 courgette
- 1 400g tin of chickpeas – drained
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce (or to taste if you fancy a bit more)
- Low calorie cooking spray
Spiced Sweet Potato Wedges
- Wash the sweet potatoes, cut off the tops and bottoms then slice them into wedges. Cover a baking tray with foil and spread the wedges out.
- Spray the wedges with a couple of squirts of low calorie cooking spray and gently sprinkle the smoked paprika over wedges ready to cook.
- Heat the oven to 200ºC (gas mark 6) and cook for 25 minutes (check after 20 if your wedges are thinly cut)
- Coat a large frying pan in low calorie cooking spray and cook the lean mince on a high heat.
- While you’re waiting for the mince to brown, coarsely chop the onion, pepper, mushrooms and courgette, ready to add once the mince has turned turned brown.
- Once the mince has browned, crumble in the beef stock cube then add the onion, pepper, mushroom, courgette and sweetcorn. Finely chop the garlic clove and add that to the frying pan.
- Stir the mix intermittently for about 5 minutes to stop it sticking to the pan.
- Stir in the passata and add the drained chickpeas and smoked paprika.
- Add the Worcester sauce, then let the mince simmer until the wedges are done then serve it all up on a plate.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230