PREP: 30 MINS
COOK: 1 HOUR 5 MINS
For the dough:
- 125g strong bread flour
- 7g sachet instant active yeast
- 1tsp salt
For the tomato sauce:
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4tbsp tomato purée
- Small handful finely chopped fresh basil
For the topping:
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 6 back bacon rashers, fat removed, cut into strips
- 70g light mozzarella
- Small handful of fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- First make the dough. Put the flour into a large bowl and stir in the yeast and salt. Make a well in the middle, pour in 75ml warm water and mix with a wooden spoon until you have a soft, fairly wet dough. Dust a surface lightly with flour, turn out the dough and knead for 5 mins until smooth. Cover with a tea towel.
- For the pizza sauce, put the shallots, garlic, oregano, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and most of the basil into a pan. Cook over a medium-low heat for 25 mins, until you have a thick sauce. Season, scatter over more chopped basil and spread over your pizza base.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin 22cm circle. Slide it on to a preheated baking sheet.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and beef and cook until the beef is browned. Stir in the sauce, reduce the heat and cook gently for 8-10 mins or until the beef is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, put the bacon in another non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Fry for 5 mins or until cooked through and set aside. Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas 6. Spoon the beef over your pizza base and scatter the bacon strips and mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 15-20 mins. Scatter with basil and serve.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230