- Low calorie cooking spray
- 800g lean pork steak, all visible fat removed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled and cubed
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Small handful of chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Fat free natural yogurt and smoked paprika, to serve (optional)
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and cook the pork in batches for 3-4 minutes over a medium heat until browned. Transfer each batch to a large casserole dish.
- Re-spray the frying pan with low calorie cooking spray, turn the heat to low and stir-fry the onions, garlic, carrots and peppers for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the paprika and cook for 1 minute, then add the tomatoes, purée and stock.
- Bring to the boil, stirring often. Add the thyme, season to taste with salt and pepper, then pour into the casserole with the meat, stirring to mix well.
- Cover tightly and cook in the oven for 2 hours, or until the pork is very tender. Garnish with the oregano.
- Reheat before you leave home and keep hot in a vacuum flask until you’re ready to eat. This is delicious served with a dollop of fat free natural yogurt and sprinkled with smoked paprika.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/medf6070/public_html/bestslimmingworld.com/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230