- ½ x 330ml can diet cola
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 250g passata
- 1 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 smoked back bacon medallions or rashers, visible fat removed
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- Pour the diet cola into a medium-size non-stick saucepan over a high heat, bring to the boil and cook until reduced by two-thirds and almost syrupy.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Add the red peppers, garlic, stock cube, passata, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar and 150ml boiling water to the cola. Reduce the heat to medium and bring to a simmer, then cook for 10 minutes or until the peppers are soft, adding a little extra water if needed. Blend until smooth using a stick blender or food processor.
- Carefully wrap the bacon medallions or rashers around the chicken breasts and arrange them in an ovenproof dish, seam-side down. Pour the sauce all over the chicken and roast for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken before serving hot. This is delicious served with Slimming World chips and salad.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230