- 900g lean Irish beef fillet, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 6 small onions, quartered
- 2 celery sticks, cut into 2½ cm pieces.
- 6 carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- A small handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 125ml Guinness
- 800ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp beef gravy granules
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C Fan/Gas 3.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the beef and stir-fry until browned on all sides. Next, add the vegetables, Guinness, stock, and gravy granules. Season well and add the bay leaf. Bring to the boil. Transfer to a medium casserole dish and cover. Cook in the oven for 1½-2 hours or until the beef is tender.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the chopped parsley before serving.