- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- ¼ tsp sweetener
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp dried mixed Italian herbs
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large aubergines, cut into 1.5cm-thick slices
- 2 large handfuls of basil leaves
- 120g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- Spray a frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray, add the garlic and gently stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, sweetener, chilli flakes, dried herbs and cinnamon stick and simmer for 20-25 minutes until thickened. Season well.
- Meanwhile, spray the aubergine slices lightly on both sides with low-calorie cooking spray, season and cook on a preheated ridged griddle, in batches, turning a few times until completely tender (you could also do this in a frying pan). It’s important to get the aubergine as tender as possible, so give it time.
- Remove the cinnamon stick from the frying pan and put a few spoonfuls of the sauce in the bottom of a large ovenproof dish. Cover with one-third of the aubergine slices and half of the basil leaves then repeat, finishing with a layer of aubergine.
- Spoon a thin layer of sauce over the aubergine, sprinkle with the Parmesan and bake for 30-40 minutes until bubbling and golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230