Ingredients for the salad
300g baby new potatoes, halved
1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthways, deseeded and chopped
6 ripe tomatoes, deseeded and roughly chopped
2 red onions, finely sliced
juice of 1 lime
4 tbsp fat free vinaigrette
a small bunch each of fresh mint and fresh coriander, chopped
For the salmoriglio sauce
8 tbsp roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 tbsp fresh oregano
1 tbsp thyme leaves
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
juice of 3 lemons
2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp fat free vinaigrette
4 x 300g lean sirloin steaks, all visible fat removed
1. Make the salad by cooking the potatoes in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a bowl with the cucumber, tomatoes and red onions.
2. Combine the lime juice and vinaigrette and pour over the salad. Add the chopped herbs and toss to mix well.
3. Make the salmoriglio sauce by placing all the ingredients in a mortar and pestle (or a small bowl if you don’t have a mortar and pestle) and pounding them to a coarse paste. Set aside.
4. Preheat the barbecue or preheat the grill to medium-high.
5. Grill the steaks for 4-5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover and rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
6. Divide the steaks between four plates, dollop the salmoriglio sauce over the steaks and serve with the potato salad.