- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- ½ swede, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400ml boiling vegetable stock
- 300g frozen peas
- 1kg floury potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 200g Savoy cabbage, shredded
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the beef and cook for about 5 minutes or until browned, breaking up any lumps with a spoon. Drain off any fat in the pan.
- Add the onion, carrots, swede, garlic, curry powder, cumin, coriander and chilli powder, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Add the chopped tomatoes, stock and peas. Bring to the boil over a high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the swede is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes and turmeric in a saucepan of boiling water over a high heat for 10 minutes. Add the cabbage and cook for another 4 minutes then drain, mash and season to taste.
- While the potatoes are cooking, preheat your oven to 200°/fan 180°/gas 6.
- Spoon the beef mixture into an ovenproof dish and spoon the mash over the top to cover completely. Level the top with a fork, sprinkle over the chilli flakes, if using, and cook for 25 minutes or until golden. Serve hot with your favourite Speed veg.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230