For the scampi
- 40 g wholemeal bread
- 2 g dried mixed herbs
- 1 g paprika
- 2 eggs
- 24 peeled raw king prawns (tails on, if you like)
For the tartare sauce
- 4 tbsp bottled gherkins, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp drained and rinsed capers
- 2 tbsp extra-light mayonnaise
- 200 g fat free fromage frais
- 1 tbsp unwaxed lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 scattering fresh dill, chopped, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7. Boil the chips in lightly salted boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well, return to the pan and cover. Leave to cool slightly then shake the pan to roughen the edges.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment and arrange the chips in a single layer. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, put the bread in a food processor and blitz until you have fine breadcrumbs. Transfer to a shallow bowl and mix in the dried herbs and paprika.
- Lightly beat the eggs in another shallow bowl.
- Season the prawns with salt and pepper, then dip each one first into the egg and then the breadcrumb mixture. Arrange the prawns on a non-stick baking sheet, lightly spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Serve with the chips (seasoned with salt), tartare sauce (see below), and a big mixed salad or mushy peas.
- For the tartare sauce: In a bowl mix together all the ingredients.
- Season, scatter over a little chopped fresh dill and chill until ready to serve. Leftover tartare sauce can be kept in the fridge, covered, for up to 3 days.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230