- 2 green chillies, deseeded
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 700g lean lamb leg steaks, visible fat removed, cut into large chunks
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 6 tbsp tomato purée
- 300ml boiling chicken stock
- 2 level tsp tamarind paste
- Finely chopped fresh coriander
- Rice, to serve
For the Madras curry powder
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tbsp black mustard seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves
- 1 tsp turmeric
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Put the chillies, garlic and ginger in a small food processor and blend with100ml water to make a paste. Set aside. Make the Madras curry powder. Use a pestle and mortar to grind the coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, black peppercorns, cinnamon and cloves to a powder. Stir in the turmeric and set aside.
2. Spray a non-stick casserole pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Season the lamb and stir-fry in batches until browned on all sides, setting each batch aside. Add the onion to the casserole pan and stir-fry until soft and starting to colour – about 10 minutes. Add the garlic paste, cardamom, bay leaves and 3 tbsp of the Madras curry powder and stir well. (You can keep any leftover Madras powder in an air-tight jar).
3. Return the lamb to the pan and add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, stock and tamarind. Season to taste, mix well and cover the pan tightly. Cook in the oven for 2½-3 hours, stirring every hour or so until the meat is meltingly tender. Scatter over the fresh coriander & serve with boiled dried basmati rice.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230