7 Syns per serving
- 125g strong bread flour
- 7g sachet instant active yeast
For the topping:
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 70g reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, cubed or sliced
- Small handful of torn fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Put all the topping ingredients apart from the mozzarella and basil in a saucepan, season to taste and cook over a medium-low heat for 25-30 minutes or until you have a thick, spreadable sauce.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 and heat through a baking sheet or, better still, a pizza stone – this will help your pizza to cook evenly.
- Put the flour in a large bowl and stir in the yeast and 1 tsp salt. Make a well in the middle, pour in 75ml of warm water and mix with a wooden spoon until you have a soft, fairly wet dough. Dust a surface very lightly with flour (1 level tsp is ½ Syn), turn out the dough and knead for 5 minutes until smooth. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a thin circle about 22cm across.
- Put your rolled-out base on the preheated pizza stone or baking sheet (add a sheet of non-stick baking parchment if you’re using a baking sheet). Spoon the tomato sauce over the base and arrange the mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the base is golden. Scatter over the basil and serve hot with a rocket salad.
If you’re feeling creative, you could add other toppings, too. Peppers, mushrooms, lean ham (visible fat removed) and skinless cooked chicken are all Free – or try a Fiorentina-style pizza with a scattering of spinach and an egg cracked on top. To make it vegan, just swap out the mozzarella for 70g dairy-free mozzarella alternative and add 1½ Syns per serving.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230