Ready in 50 minutes
- 4 x 60g wholemeal rolls, torn into pieces
- 150g tomato purée
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg white
- 12 skinless chicken drumsticks
- Low-calorie cooking spray
For the fries:
- 700g floury potatoes, peeled and cut into fries
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Sea salt
For the slaw:
- 1 red apple, cut into matchsticks
- ½ green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 200g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 4 level tbsp extra-light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- A large handful of fresh chives, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas Mark 7. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Whizz the torn rolls in a food processor until crumbed, then transfer them to a plate.
- Mix the tomato puree, cayenne pepper, garlic salt and mixed herbs in a large bowl and season with black pepper. Whisk the egg white in a clean glass bowl until it forms stiff peaks, then fold into the tomato purée mixture.
- Dip the chicken drumsticks in the egg mixture, then roll in the breadcrumbs to coat evenly. Put them in a shallow ovenproof dish in a single layer. Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 4-5 minutes. Drain well, return to the pan and cover. Lightly shake the pan to roughen up the fries’ edges, then put them on the baking tray in a single layer and spray with low- calorie cooking spray. Sprinkle over the Cajun seasoning and sea salt and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Mix together all the slaw ingredients and season. Serve the chicken and fries with the slaw and 1 level tbsp tomato ketchup.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.