free, serves 4
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 2 peppers (red and yellow if possible), deseeded and cut into small chunks
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 medium carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 celery stick, roughly chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 250g closed-cup mushrooms, sliced
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 beef stock cubes, crumbled
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Marmite
- 1 heaped tsp dried oregano
- Small pack fresh basil, finely chopped
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 400g dried strozzapreti or other pasta shapes
- 100g plain quark
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Using clean hands, break up the beef mince and spread out in a large non-stick roasting tin. Add the peppers and half of the onions and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Mix well and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the carrot, celery, garlic, half of the mushrooms and the remaining onion in a food processor and blitz well.
- Add the blitzed veg to the roasting tin along with the chopped tomatoes, stock cubes, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce, Marmite, herbs, chilli flakes and remaining mushrooms. Pour in 500ml boiling water, stir well and cook for 30 minutes, stirring halfway.
- About 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions and drain well.
- Stir the quark through the beef and vegetables, then stir through the pasta and season to taste. Serve hot with a green salad.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230