- 400g dried penne pasta
For the meatballs:
- 250g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 250g lean pork mince (5% fat or less)
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low-calorie cooking spray
For the sauce:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 heaped tsp dried oregano
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 120g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 100g baby leaf spinach
First, make the meatballs
- Mix together both minces, the onion, garlic, sage, paprika and salt and pepper with your hands. Then form the mixture into 24 equal-sized balls.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Working in batches, fry the meatballs until browned and set aside (don’t worry if they aren’t cooked through at this stage).
To make the sauce:
- Spray the frying pan with a little more low-calorie cooking spray, turn down the heat to medium and fry the onion for 10 mins, adding a little water if it starts to stick. Stir in the remaining sauce ingredients (except the tomatoes and spinach), add 350ml of boiling water and bring to a simmer. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and cook for 5 mins, then add the tomatoes and cook for a further 5 mins or until the meatballs are cooked through and piping hot. Add the spinach and cook for 2 mins or until the spinach has wilted.
- Drain the pasta and mix through the meatballs and sauce, checking the seasoning before serving. Enjoy with lots of mixed salad.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising. These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230