For the pasta bake
- 1 aubergine
- 1 courgette
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 500g pasta
- 120g mature cheddar, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the sauce
- 400g tinned tomatoes
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 (180 fan, gas mark 5).
- Start with the sauce. Chop the onion and soften in a pan on medium heat, with the garlic and the olive oil.
- When softened, stir through the tomato puree and add the tinned tomatoes, oregano and vegetable stock. Turn down the heat and leave to simmer and reduce until the veg is roasted.
- Chop the aubergine and courgette and yellow pepper into similar sized chunks. Pop them into a large bowl with 1 tbsp of the olive oil and stir until well coated.
- Transfer to a large baking tray and pop into a preheated oven. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until softened and slightly caramelised.
- Start cooking the pasta. Take 3 minutes off the normal cooking time as the pasta will continue to cook once it’s in the oven.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it and transfer to a large casserole dish.
- Remove the veg and turn the oven down to 190 (170 fan, gas mark 4).
- Tip the roasted veg on top and pour over the sauce.
- Gently stir it all together until it’s well distributed.
- Add the grated cheese evenly across the top.
- Pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top is starting to crisp.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230