Free, makes 4
low-calorie cooking spray
750g lean casserole/braising steak, visible fat removed, cut into large chunks
2 red onions, chopped
6 large garlic cloves, crushed
4 tbsp tomato purée
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
2 tsp dried rosemary
300ml hot beef stock
4 bay leaves
pared zest of ½ a small orange
2 carrots, sliced
1 fennel bulb, trimmed and thickly sliced
200g runner beans, each cut into 3-4 pieces
2 courgettes, thickly sliced
2 large tomatoes, halved and thickly sliced
small handful of fresh parsley, chopped, to serve
1. Preheat your oven to 150°C/fan 130°C/gas 2
2. Spray a large lidded non-stick ovenproof saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add half the beef and brown all over, then spoon on to a plate and repeat with the rest of the beef.
3. Add the onions, garlic and 3 tbsp water to the pan, cover and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes or until the onions and garlic are soft.
4. Uncover the pan and stir in the tomato purée, paprika, chilli flakes, rosemary, passata, stock, bay leaves, strips of orange zest, ½ tsp salt and a twist of black pepper. Bring to the boil over a high heat, stirring, then stir in the beef, cover and cook in the oven for 2 hours.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and stir in all the vegetables. Cover again and return to the oven for 1 hour or until everything is tender.
6. Discard the bay leaves, check the seasoning and scatter with parsley to serve.