- 200g lean lamb leg steak, visible fat removed
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into small pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 6 wedges
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 150g dried couscous
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh mint
For The Marinade:
- 3tbsp lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 4tbsp passata
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
- Put all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Add the lamb, courgette, peppers and red onion to the marinade and stir to coat well. Tip everything into a roasting tin, spray with low calorie cooking spray and roast for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous in a heatproof bowl and pour over enough boiling water to just cover. Set aside, covered, for about 10 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the grains are tender. Run a fork through the couscous to fluff up the grains.
- Set the lamb aside to rest for 10 minutes then roughly chop and fold into the couscous with the roasted vegetables.
- Scatter over the mint.
- Eat some straight away or cool and keep in the fridge for up to 2 days. This salad is great eaten cold or thoroughly reheated in a microwave.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230