- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 green peppers, deseeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 340g can sweetcorn, drained
- 400g dried long-grain rice
- 200g button mushrooms, quartered
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g can red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 410g can green lentils, drained
- 1 handful of fresh coriander, to garnish
- Place a pan sprayed with low-calorie cooking spray over a medium-low heat. Cook the onion and garlic for 10 mins, or until the onion is soft, stirring occasionally. Add cumin, peppers and carrots and cook for 5 mins, stirring.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, stock and sweetcorn. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat to low and simmer for 20 mins or until the vegetables are tender.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the veg mix, simmer for a further 5 mins, then season. Add the kidney beans in chilli sauce and the lentils and simmer for 5 mins. Garnish with the coriander and serve with the rice.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230