- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- large pinch of saffron threads (optional)
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 900ml boiling chicken stock
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 250g dried paella rice
- 200g live mussels
- 200g fresh squid rings (or use frozen and thawed)
- 12 cooked and peeled king prawns, with or without tails
- 2 bottled roasted red peppers in brine, drained and roughly chopped
- 100g frozen peas
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely diced
- small handful of finely chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Spray a paella pan or large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-low heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir the saffron threads (if using) and turmeric into the stock, then add the stock to the pan and stir in the smoked paprika.
- Bring to a simmer then add the paella rice. Stir once, then cover and leave to simmer gently for 15-20 minutes.
- Scrub the mussels, pulling off any beards, and discard any that are damaged or are open but don’t close when tapped against the sink.
- Add the mussels, squid, prawns, peppers, peas and carrots to the paella. Cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is soft but not mushy, the vegetables are tender and the mussels have opened (discard any that remain closed). Season to taste, scatter over the parsley and serve in shallow bowls with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Top tip for making Slimming World’s mixed paella
If you want to save time you can use 2 x 225g seafood selection packs (these usually contain squid, mussels and prawns) instead of buying them separately. Add to the paella and heat through for the last 5-6 minutes.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230