30 minutes plus standing
- 200g smoked haddock fillet
- 200g salmon fillet
- 300ml fish stock
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 6 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 300g basmati rice
- 12 large raw prawns, peeled (tails can be left on if preferred)
- 8 scallops, cleaned
- 200g green beans, trimmed and cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- A small handful of freshly chopped coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs, boiled to your liking, peeled and halved
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Place the haddock and salmon in a large saucepan. Pour over the
stock, cover and simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from
the heat and leave to stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile spray a large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray
and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, cumin seeds,
cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, cloves and curry powder and
stir-fry for 6-8 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Remove the fish from the pan with a slotted spoon, reserving the
stock and discarding any skin and bones. Transfer the fish to a
warmed plate, cover and set aside. Place the reserved stock in a jug
and makeup to 650ml with water.
- Rinse the rice in cold water, drain well then stir it into the onion mixture.
Pour the reserved stock into the pan, add the prawns, scallops and
green beans and stir in the turmeric.
- Bring to the boil, cover tightly with a lid, reduce the heat to low and
cook gently for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to
stand, covered and undisturbed, for 12-15 minutes.
- Fluff up the grains of rice with a fork and spoon onto a serving plate.
Break the poached haddock and salmon fillets into big pieces and stir
into the rice, scatter over the coriander and stir gently to mix without
breaking up the fish.
- Check the seasoning, top with the eggs and serve with lemon wedges
to squeeze over.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230