400g dried pasta shapes, such as penne or fusilli
Low calorie cooking spray
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
700g jar passata with onions and garlic
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
200g frozen peas
130g reduced fat mozzarella, diced
Small handful of torn fresh basil leaves, to garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C/R3.
2. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions then drain well.
3. Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and chilli and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add the passata, season to taste and stir.
4. Simmer gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, then stir in the peas and remove from the heat.
5. Tip the pasta into a medium-sized baking dish. Pour in the tomato sauce and toss well to coat the pasta. Scatter over the mozzarella and bake for 12-15 minutes.
6. Grind over a little black pepper, scatter over the basil leaves and serve hot with salad.
Helping you to get motivated
When you join Slimming World, you’ll become a member of a large supportive community of people in a similar situation to you, with a wealth of advice and tips on recipe ideas, meal planning and motivation whenever you need it.
You’ll also be assigned your own highly-trained consultant — a former member who can help you to set your own weight-loss and fitness goals. Members agree that this support is often key to their success.
You can choose between joining your local group or online.
If you’d like to join a group, please contact your local Consultant to find out how your group is running safely in line with local and national guidance.
All offer full details of how Slimming World’s Food Optimising programme works.
There is a huge list of Free Food to choose from, which doesn’t need to be weighed, calorie counted or measured.
You can also snack on these to satisfy your hunger in between meals.
In addition, you are encouraged to eat measured quantities of certain foods, known as ‘Healthy Extras’ that provide nutrients essential for a healthy, balanced diet.
These include milk and cheese (for calcium) and cereals and wholemeal bread (for fibre and minerals).
And so you never feel deprived you can enjoy limited amounts of treats which are higher-calorie, less filling foods that include chocolate, crisps and alcohol.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230