Serves 2- 1/2 syn
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and finely diced
- 4 medium or 8 small squid tubes, plus tentacles reserved
- 400ml passata
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained
- large teaspoon shrimp paste (or 8 small raw, peeled prawns)
- 2 handfuls flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 10 olives in brine, chopped
Spray fry light in a saucepan and add chilli, garlic and onion. Saute for 5 minutes until onion is softened. Add squid tentacles until they tighten and have a little colour.
Add passata, simmer and place lid on pan.
Place cannellini beans in blender and blend until smooth, stir in prawns or fish paste, three quarters of parsley and olives. I made all of this in blender (and forgot to save some parsley for serving).
Stuff filling into squid tubes pushing all the way down and fasten with cocktail stick.
Place squid into simmering tomato sauce, put on lid and gently simmer for 40 minutes.
Serve with a green salad