- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 450g mushrooms
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1-2 chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 120g fresh spinach leaves, trimmed and washed
- 400g cooked/tinned chick peas
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Spray a large saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened and golden.
- Add the spices and chillies, stir well and cook gently for about 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and spinach and reduce the heat to a bare simmer.
- Simmer gently for 5 minutes and then add the chick peas. Continue simmering for 5-10 minutes, until the spinach has wilted and the tomato liquid has reduced.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and then stir in the chopped coriander.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.