- 500g mixed Oriental mushrooms (eg chestnut, enoki, king oyster, shiitake), wiped clean and sliced, if large
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2.5cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 baby pak choi, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a large non-stick wok with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- When hot, add half of the mushrooms and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until turning golden and softened a little. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate and set aside while you stir-fry the rest. Remove and add to the other mushrooms on the plate.
- Wipe out the wok with kitchen paper and re-spray with low calorie cooking spray.
- Add the shallot and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the pak choi and a splash of water and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until the stalks are beginning to soften.
- Return the mushrooms to the pan, along with the vinegar, soy sauce and spring onions and stir-fry for 1 minute, until heated through.
- Season to taste and serve immediately with some rice or egg noodles.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.