- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 small potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 100g cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- ¼ tsp Marmite
- 4 tbsp plain quark
- ½ tsp pink peppercorns
- Put the onion, garlic, potato, cauliflower, stock cube, Marmite, ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper and 250ml boiling water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat and blitz until smooth using a stick blender or food processor. Return to the heat, stir in the quark and pink peppercorns and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve with lean steaks and lots of salad.