- 2 level tbsp Nando’s Medium Peri-Peri Sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 chicken legs, skin removed
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into thin chips
- Low-calorie cooking spray
For the slaw:
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ white cabbage, shredded
- 4 tbsp fat-free natural yogurt
- Juice of 3 limes
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5 and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Mix together the peri-peri sauce, tomato purée, lemon juice and garlic and season lightly. Rub all over the chicken legs, place on the prepared tray and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and carefully spread the chips out around the chicken. Season lightly, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and cook for a further 40 minutes, flipping the chips and spraying them with more low-calorie cooking spray halfway.
- Meanwhile, mix together all the slaw ingredients. Divide the chicken, chips and slaw between 4 plates to serve.
Helping you to get motivated
When you join Slimming World, you’ll become a member of a large supportive community of people in a similar situation to you, with a wealth of advice and tips on recipe ideas, meal planning and motivation whenever you need it.
You’ll also be assigned your own highly-trained consultant — a former member who can help you to set your own weight-loss and fitness goals. Members agree that this support is often key to their success.
You can choose between joining your local group or online.
If you’d like to join a group, please contact your local Consultant to find out how your group is running safely in line with local and national guidance.
All offer full details of how Slimming World’s Food Optimising programme works.
There is a huge list of Free Food to choose from, which doesn’t need to be weighed, calorie counted or measured.
You can also snack on these to satisfy your hunger in between meals.
In addition, you are encouraged to eat measured quantities of certain foods, known as ‘Healthy Extras’ that provide nutrients essential for a healthy, balanced diet.
These include milk and cheese (for calcium) and cereals and wholemeal bread (for fibre and minerals).
And so you never feel deprived you can enjoy limited amounts of treats which are higher-calorie, less filling foods that include chocolate, crisps and alcohol.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230