Makes 24, Ready in 1 hour 10 minutes, plus cooling
- 50g shelled pistachio nuts
- 200g plain flour, 1 tsp reserved for dusting
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sweetener granules
- 50g dried figs, chopped into small pieces
- 2 medium eggs, plus 1 yolk
- Finely grated zest of 1 large unwaxed lemon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4 and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Spread out the pistachio nuts on the baking tray and roast for 5 minutes. Remove and leave to cool.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl and stir in the sweetener, figs and pistachio nuts. In another bowl, lightly beat the eggs and egg yolk with the lemon zest and vanilla extract. Make a well in the
centre of the dry ingredients and stir in the egg mixture to make a soft dough. Knead briefly on a lightly floured work surface until smooth. Line your baking tray with more non-stick baking paper.
3. Divide the dough in half and roll each piece into an 18cm long sausage. Lay them 10cm apart on the prepared baking tray and flatten slightly with your hand. Bake for 25 minutes until lightly golden and a skewer, inserted into the centre, comes away clean. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 150°C/Fan 130°C/Gas 2. Using a serrated knife, cut each log slightly on the diagonal into
12 x 1cm-thick slices. Place side-by-side, cut-face down, on the baking tray and bake for another 20 minutes, turning them halfway, until they feel slightly firm and dry when pressed. Transfer to a rack and leave them to go cool – they will get harder as they go cold. Store in an airtight tin.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230