ready in 45 minutes
What you need:
600g chard or mature spinach
low-calorie cooking spray
1 large leek, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
12 large eggs
120g fat-free natural cottage cheese
small pack fresh mint, chopped
small pack fresh basil, chopped
small pack fresh coriander, chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 medium-hot chilli (red or green), deseeded and sliced
What you do:
1. Strip the leaves from the stalks of the chard or spinach and finely shred the leaves (save the stalks, as you can enjoy them cooked with another meal.)
2. Spray a large ovenproof non-stick frying pan (use one you can put a lid on, as you’ll need to cover it) with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the leek, garlic, 3 tbsp water and as much of the chard or spinach as you can fit in. Cover and cook until tender, stirring in another handful of chard or spinach every now and then. Tip into a colander and press out as much liquid as possible.
3. Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl, season lightly and beat well. Stir in the chard or spinach, cottage cheese and all the herbs.
4. Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
5. Wipe the pan, spray with more low-calorie cooking spray and return to a medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and cook gently for 10 minutes or until the mixture is partially set. Scatter over the tomatoes, spring onions and chilli. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and firm all the way through.
6. Release the omelette with a spatula, turn out onto a large plate or serving board and cut into wedges. Serve hot with a big, crunchy salad.
Credits: slimming world blog
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.