198ml/7fl oz water or vegetable stock
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 tsp each of finely grated ginger, chilli powder and crushed cardamom seeds
2 garlic cloves, peeled and grated or crushed
2 tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp turmeric
1 tbsp mild curry powder
1 cinnamon stick and 2 cloves
1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
100g/3½oz fine green beans, trimmed and chopped
4 tbsp fat free natural yogurt
198g/7oz dried basmati rice
salt and freshly ground black pepper
596g/1lb 5oz raw tiger prawns
a handful of chopped coriander
1. Place a wide, non-stick pan over a medium heat. Add the water or stock and onion, stir and cook for 5-6 minutes until the onion has softened.
2. Add the ginger, chilli powder, cardamom seeds, garlic, cumin seeds, turmeric, curry powder, cinnamon stick and cloves, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the vegetables and yogurt and stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the rice and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Season well.
4. Pour in 511ml/18fl oz of boiling water and bring to the boil. Add the prawns, cover tightly and reduce the heat to very low. Cook undisturbed for 12-15 minutes then remove from the heat and allow to stand, again undisturbed, for 10 minutes.
5. To serve, uncover and fluff up the rice with a fork, stir in the chopped coriander and eat immediately.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230