345 g | 12oz quark cheese
6 ½ tbsp Sukrin Gold or other granulated sweetener
2 tbsp plain flour Gluten-Free if preferred
1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
1 orange zest only
3 eggs separated
3 oranges or fresh berries to decorate
1 tbsp pomegranate seeds optional
2 tbsp blood orange juice to drizzle optional
icing sugar to dust optional
rosemary or mint to garnish
Preheat the oven to 180C | 350 F. Spray a 18cm (7in) springform cake tin with cake release or Fry Light. Line the base with baking paper and spray again.
Put the quark cheese, egg yolks, flour, sweetener, vanilla extract and orange zest in a bowl and mix together with a hand whisk until smooth.
In a stand mixer, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until you have soft peaks. Continue whisking at high speed until you have firm peaks, 4-5 minutes.
Add one third of the meringue into the cheese mixture to loosen it. Fold the rest of the egg whites gently trying not to knock all the air out.
Transfer into the prepared tin and bake for about an hour until risen and golden.
Leave to cool in the tin – the cheesecake will deflate slightly and sink in the centre. Chill for a couple or hours or overnight.
Top the cheesecake with fresh berries and dust with a little icing sugar or decorate with blood orange slices. Drizzle a little blood orange juice over the slices as you serve them if you like.
Quark cheesecake tips and tricks
- Always whisk egg whites in a spotlessly clean bowl – ideally a metal or glass one as plastic can hold on to grease which will prevent the egg whites from frothing up.
- Start by whisking the eggs on medium-low speed until small bubbles form then increase the speed until you have firm peaks.
- The cheesecake has a tendency to colour quite rapidly in the oven. Don’t tent it with foil! It will puff up and stick to it ruining all your work. Put a shelf well above the cheesecake (allowing plenty of room for it to rise) and place a tray or some foil there to prevent it from browning too much.
- The cheesecake will puff up in the oven like a souffle but it will deflate slightly once out of the oven. This is normal – the recipe contains very little flour and relies on the egg whites to rise.
- Decorate with fresh fruit just before serving. If you are using oranges, cut the peel and pith off before slicing thinly.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230