- 2 slices wholemeal bread from a small 400g loaf, roughly torn
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 100g bottled roasted red peppers in brine, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped coriander
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 25g chives, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Place the bread in a food processor and blitz until you have fine crumbs. Add the chickpeas, roasted red pepper, ground cumin, egg, chopped coriander, red chilli and chives to the breadcrumbs and blend again until fairly smooth.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and season well.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat.
- Using a tablespoon, divide the mixture into 24 portions and, using your fingers, smooth into patties.
- Working in batches, place in the pan (spacing them apart) and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Eat warm, or allow to cool.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230