Ingredients: Serves: 6 Syns: 2 per portion
- 800g stewing/casserole beef (lean)
- 2 onions
- 3 sticks celery
- 2 parsnips
- 2 carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 500ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- salt and pepper
- Peel the carrots and parsnips, and remove the skins from the onions.
- Pop onions, celery, carrot and parsnips into a food processor and chop finely (you can do this by hand, especially if you prefer chunkier veg- but I wanted mine to be small to thicken the sauce and appeal to the children!)
- Coat the casserole steak with the flour, and season with salt and pepper. Crush the garlic cloves.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick pan, and throw in the garlic. Cook for about 20 seconds, and then add in the beef. Stir around, and then leave to cook for about 3 minutes.
- Stir again, and cook on a high heat for another 3 minutes.
- Put the chopped veg into the slow cooker bowl, and add in the beef.
- Mix together the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, rosemary and thyme with a few tablespoons of the beef stock
- Put the used beef pan back on the heat, and add the stock and sauce mix. Stir well, scraping away any residue left on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the sauce into the slow cooker, stir well, and cook on high for 4-6 hours, or on low for 8-12 hours.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230