Free, serves 6
750g waxy new potatoes, such as Charlotte
half a bunch of spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
4 plum tomatoes, halved, deseeded and roughly chopped
For the dressing
150g fat free natural fromage frais
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp mustard powder mixed with 2 tsp water
Juice of 1 lemon
Small handful of chopped fresh chives
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 12-15 minutes or until just tender. Drain well and leave to cool. Halve lengthways and put into a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, put the eggs into a small pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook the eggs to your liking (7-8 minutes for just hard-boiled). Cool under cold running water then peel and set aside.
- Add the spring onions and tomatoes to the potatoes. Roughly chop the eggs and add to the salad then toss the ingredients together and tip everything into a picnic box.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and put into a screw top jar.
- Chill the salad and dressing until you’re ready for your picnic. Drizzle the dressing over the salad to serve.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/medf6070/public_html/bestslimmingworld.com/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230