Succulent sausages, tender butternut squash and smoky baked beans… this bake’s a game-changer!
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into small chunks
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 12 frozen Slimming World Pork Sausages
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 x 400g cans baked beans
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Put the squash in a large non-stick roasting tin, season lightly and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Toss well and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the sausages and cook for a few minutes to brown and soften them a little. Cut into chunks, add to the squash and roast for 15 minutes.
- Put the smoked paprika, garlic granules, mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce and a little salt and pepper in a bowl and stir to make a paste. Stir into the beans along with 3 tbsp water, then spoon the beans into the tin, nestling them in the nooks and crannies between the squash and sausages. Scatter over the tomatoes and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- When you’re almost ready to serve, spray a non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the sage leaves and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until crisp. Scatter the sage leaves over the sausage bake and serve hot with your favourite veg.
Helping you to get motivated
When you join Slimming World, you’ll become a member of a large supportive community of people in a similar situation to you, with a wealth of advice and tips on recipe ideas, meal planning and motivation whenever you need it.
You’ll also be assigned your own highly-trained consultant — a former member who can help you to set your own weight-loss and fitness goals. Members agree that this support is often key to their success.
You can choose between joining your local group or online.
If you’d like to join a group, please contact your local Consultant to find out how your group is running safely in line with local and national guidance.
All offer full details of how Slimming World’s Food Optimising programme works.
There is a huge list of Free Food to choose from, which doesn’t need to be weighed, calorie counted or measured.
You can also snack on these to satisfy your hunger in between meals.
In addition, you are encouraged to eat measured quantities of certain foods, known as ‘Healthy Extras’ that provide nutrients essential for a healthy, balanced diet.
These include milk and cheese (for calcium) and cereals and wholemeal bread (for fibre and minerals).
And so you never feel deprived you can enjoy limited amounts of treats which are higher-calorie, less filling foods that include chocolate, crisps and alcohol.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230