- 2 onions halved & finely sliced
- 2 celery sticks diced
- 2 peppers (red, yellow or orange) deseeded & chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled & minced
- 8 or more low syn, syn free or reduced fat pork sausages *Ones in Iceland are syn free
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 oxo cube
- 1 tin of baked beans
- 2 cm fresh ginger peeled & grated
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 100 ml water
- 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds *optional
- 1/2 tsp turmeric *anti inflammatory
- Seasoning *generous amount
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- First, sear the sausages in the frying pan until browned. This is to stop them falling apart in the slow cooker, but if you’re not bothered, you can skip this.
- Now chuck everything in the slow cooker.
- Place the lid on top and leave to cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve in warm bowls and sprinkle with snipped chives or whatever you fancy.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230