- 2 onions halved & finely sliced
- 2 celery sticks diced
- 2 peppers (red, yellow or orange) deseeded & chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled & minced
- 8 or more low syn, syn free or reduced fat pork sausages *Ones in Iceland are syn free
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 oxo cube
- 1 tin of baked beans
- 2 cm fresh ginger peeled & grated
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 100 ml water
- 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds *optional
- 1/2 tsp turmeric *anti inflammatory
- Seasoning *generous amount
- Fresh coriander to garnish
First, sear the sausages in the frying pan until browned. This is to stop them falling apart in the slow cooker, but if you’re not bothered, you can skip this.
Now chuck everything in the slow cooker.
Place the lid on top and leave to cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
Serve in warm bowls and sprinkle with snipped chives or whatever you fancy.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230