- 6 sausages
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and finely chopped
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 250g green lentils (dry)
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Salt and pepper
- low calorie cooking spray
- Baby leaf spinach (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 180c. In a large casserole dish, fry the sausages until starting to brown on the outside.
- Add in the chopped onions and fry for a further 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the chopped carrot, celery and parsnip (I whizz mine in the food processor first so they are really fine)
- Stir through the lentils and then pour in the vegetable stock. Add in the chopped tomatoes (Again, I whizz mine up in the food processor first but this isn’t necessary, it’s because my children don’t like lumps!)
- Season with salt and pepper, stir thoroughly, then pop the lid on and put on the bottom shelf of the oven for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, give the casserole a stir, and if it’s looking a little dry add a touch more liquid, then pop back in the oven.
- Cook in the oven for another 45 minutes. Check the lentils are cooked, and then serve sprinkled with chopped fresh baby spinach.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230