- 2 large courgettes (500g in total), cut into ½cm dice
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 125 g arborio risotto rice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 600 ml reduced-salt hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 grating of nutmeg
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 325 g frozen petit pois, thawed
- 10 chicken sausages
- 1 handful basil leaves, chopped, plus a few whole leaves to garnish
- 30 g parmesan, shaved
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Add the courgettes and cook over a medium-high heat for 5 mins until reduced by about a third. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Spray the pan with a little more oil. Add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 mins until soft. Stir in the rice and garlic, cook for 1 min. Add a splash of stock, nutmeg, mustard and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Keep stirring until the stock has been absorbed. Continue to add the stock, a splash at a time until it has all been absorbed, stirring continuously throughout. This should take about 15-20 mins.
- Meanwhile, spray another large non-stick frying pan with oil. Squeeze out small blobs of sausage meat into the pan and cook over a medium-high heat for 3-4 mins, turning once, until cooked through and deep golden.
- Stir the petit pois, cooked courgettes, cooked sausage and basil into the risotto, adding a splash of boiling water if it’s too thick. Cook for 2 mins until piping hot. Serve, scattered with the parmesan.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230