- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 12 Slimming World Pork Sausages
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 5 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 1 tbsp Bovril
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 300g baby new potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 2 carrots, chopped into chunks
- 3 red onions, sliced
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 3 portobello mushrooms, each cut into 6 pieces
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs, each cut into 3 pieces
- Spray a non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the sausages and brown on all sides, then transfer to an ovenproof dish and set aside.
- To make the sauce, add the chopped onions to the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes until brown and softened, adding a splash of water if they stick. Add the bay leaf, thyme, sage, tomato purée, garlic, stock cube, Bovril, Worcestershire sauce and 1 litre boiling water and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring another large saucepan of water to the boil over a high heat. Add the potatoes and carrots, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Drain well and add to the sausages in the dish.
- Discard the bay leaf and blitz the sauce until smooth, either with a stick blender or in your food processor. Return the sauce to the pan if you used a food processor, add the sliced red onions and simmer for 15 minutes or until reduced by one-third.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Add the squash and mushrooms to the ovenproof dish and pour over the sauce. Top with the rosemary sprigs and roast for 30 minutes or until everything is cooked and tender.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230