Low calorie cooking spray
1 onion, finely chopped
400g shiitake mushrooms, chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
400g spinach leaves, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
800g low-fat natural cottage cheese
¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
2 eggs, lightly beaten
600g passata with onion and garlic
12 dried lasagne sheets
45g freshly grated vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese
5 bottled roasted red peppers in brine, rinsed, drained and cut into chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/R4.
2. Lightly spray a rectangular ovenproof dish with low calorie cooking spray.
3. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and stir-fry for 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic and spinach and cook for 6-8 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
Season to taste and set aside.
4. Meanwhile, put the cottage cheese and nutmeg in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs, season to taste and beat until fairly smooth using an electric hand whisk.
5. Spread half of the passata over the base of the prepared dish and top with four lasagne sheets. Spread one-third of the cottage cheese mixture over the lasagne sheets and top with half of the mushroom mixture. Sprinkle over half of the Parmesan-style cheese.
6. Arrange the pepper pieces over the cheese in an even layer and top with four more lasagne sheets. Spread over the rest of the mushroom mixture and half of the remaining cottage cheese mixture.
7.Top with the last four lasagne sheets, the remaining passata and the rest of the cottage cheese mixture. Sprinkle over the last of the Parmesan-style cheese, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and the pasta is tender.
Helping you to get motivated
When you join Slimming World, you’ll become a member of a large supportive community of people in a similar situation to you, with a wealth of advice and tips on recipe ideas, meal planning and motivation whenever you need it.
You’ll also be assigned your own highly-trained consultant — a former member who can help you to set your own weight-loss and fitness goals. Members agree that this support is often key to their success.
You can choose between joining your local group or online.
If you’d like to join a group, please contact your local Consultant to find out how your group is running safely in line with local and national guidance.
All offer full details of how Slimming World’s Food Optimising programme works.
There is a huge list of Free Food to choose from, which doesn’t need to be weighed, calorie counted or measured.
You can also snack on these to satisfy your hunger in between meals.
In addition, you are encouraged to eat measured quantities of certain foods, known as ‘Healthy Extras’ that provide nutrients essential for a healthy, balanced diet.
These include milk and cheese (for calcium) and cereals and wholemeal bread (for fibre and minerals).
And so you never feel deprived you can enjoy limited amounts of treats which are higher-calorie, less filling foods that include chocolate, crisps and alcohol.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230