- 2 onions, 1 roughly chopped, 1 finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp medium curry powder*
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 200g lean pork loin, visible fat removed, cut into thin strips
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 250g dried noodles
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 carrots, cut into batons
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 150g sugar snap peas
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- *Watch out for spice/seasoning blends that have added ingredients (like sugar, oil or starch). To protect your weight loss, count ½ Syn per level tsp/1½ Syns per level tbsp.
- Put the chopped onion in your food processor and add the garlic, chilli, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, five-spice powder and fish sauce and blitz into a fine paste (you can also do this in a bowl using a stick blender).
- Put the pork and chicken in a bowl and add one-third of your spice paste. Stir to coat well and leave to marinate for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the pack instructions, then drain well, rinse under cold running water and drain again.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan or wok with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the chicken and pork and cook for about 5 minutes, or until cooked, adding a splash of water if anything starts to stick. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and spray the frying pan or wok with more low-calorie cooking spray. Add the rest of your spice paste and cook for 2 minutes, then add the carrots, peppers, sugar snaps, sliced onion and 400ml boiling water. Cook for a few minutes or until softened.
- Return the pork and chicken to the pan, add the cooked noodles and stir together until everything is hot. Add the soy sauce and vinegar and serve hot.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.