- 450 g basmati rice uncooked
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 litre stock of your choice
- 280 g smoked haddock *Or 500g of smoked haddock alone
- 220 g sea bass
- 3 eggs left whole
- fresh mint
- 1 lemon quartered
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 g mushrooms sliced
- 100 g frozen peas
- Spray a large saucepan with frylight and gently saute the onions until tender.
- Stir in all the dry herbs and spices, including the bay leaves and fry for a further minute, ensuring everything has a good coating.
- Add the uncooked rice along with the stock, mushroom and peas and bring to a boil while stirring to ensure nothing is catching at the bottom.
- Lower the heat to a gentle simmer and place a lid on top of the saucepan and cook for 12 minutes.
- While that’s cooking, in another large saucepan, bring fresh water to the boil and add the fish and eggs (in their shells) and boil for 4 minutes, then remove the fish and set aside (but keep the eggs in to cook for another 4 minutes).
- Flake the fish in to large chunks with two forks, discarding any skin and bones and add to the kedgeree.
- Once the eggs are cooked, run under a cold tap and remove the shells and cut in to quarters before adding to the rice.
- Finally, serve with twists of lemon and a sprinkle of fresh mint (or whatever fresh herbs you fancy).
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230