Free; serves 4
- 1 large bottle roasted pepper in brine, drained
- 25g root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 5 large garlic cloves
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried chipotle chilli flakes or dried chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce/tamari
- 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 700g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 400g mixed beans or pulses in water, drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the roasted red pepper, ginger, garlic and 50ml water in a small food processor and whizz until pureed.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and peppers and fry for 5 minutes, adding a little water if it starts to stick.
- Add the roasted pepper puree along with the paprika, chilli flakes, soy sauce, vinegar, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, stock cube and 300ml boiling water.
- Add the chicken and beans or pulses and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat, season to taste and serve hot with rice and your favourite vegetables.