- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 120g canned baked beans in tomato sauce
- ½ x 400g can mixed beans or pulses in water, drained
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- ½ tbsp barbecue seasoning
- 2 bottled roasted red peppers in brine, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/ gas 6 and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Steam the sweet potato for 10 minutes or until tender (use a steamer or put the chunks in a covered colander placed over a saucepan of boiling water and steam over a high heat). Tip the chunks into a large bowl, add the baked beans and mash roughly. Add the remaining ingredients and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Divide the mixture into four equal portions and shape each one into a burger (the mixture will be quite wet). Arrange the burgers on the baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Use a fish slice to carefully lift them off the tray (they will be quite delicate) and serve hot with a salad.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230