- 500g Lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 Onion, very finely chopped
- 8 Rashers of back bacon (all visible fat removed), finely chopped
- 4 Celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 Carrots, very finely diced
- 4 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g Button mushrooms, finely diced
- 500ml Beef stock 400g can chopped plum tomatoes
- 6 tbsp Tomato purée
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 375g Dried spaghetti
- A handful of fresh oregano, to garnish
- Place the mince in a large heavy-based pan with the onion, bacon, celery, carrots and garlic. Dry-fry over a medium heat, stirring from time to time, for 8-10 minutes to brown the mince and lightly colour the veg.
- Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the stock, tomatoes, tomato purée, bay leaf and dried oregano. Season well, stir and bring to the boil, then simmer very gently for 30-40 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Increase the heat to medium and let the sauce bubble for a further 10 minutes, or until rich and thick. Stir regularly so it doesn’t stick.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions. Drain well and divide between warmed bowls. Top with the Bolognese (removing the bay leaf), garnish with the oregano and serve.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.