- Low calorie cooking spray
- 4 eggs, separated
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 5 tbsp sweetener
- 2 tbsp finely grated orange zest and the juice of 2 oranges, plus orange segments to decorate
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1 level tsp baking powder
For the syrup
- Pared zest of 1 orange and 120ml of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- 1 level tsp caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4. Line a 20cm loose bottomed sandwich tin with non-stick baking parchment and spray with a little low calorie cooking spray.
- Put the egg yolks, sugar, sweetener and grated orange zest and juice in a bowl and whisk until thick and pale.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form then fold into the egg yolk mixture. Sieve the flour and baking powder into another bowl then tip into the eggs and stir in very gently. Spoon this mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cake has risen and is firm to the touch. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, put the syrup ingredients in a small saucepan over a high heat and bring to the boil, whisking constantly. When it starts to thicken, remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Decorate the cake with orange segments, drizzle over the sauce and cut into slices to serve.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230